Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dead by Day




Dead by Day is a compilation of books 4 and 5 of the Southern Vampire Mysteries, from which the HBO series True Blood was created. I haven't reviewed the first three, since I read them awhile back and can't remember them well enough to write about them. I did love them though and couldn't wait for the rest of them to be passed on to me.

You'll have to excuse my turning into a squealing fangirl here, but I'm obsessed with both True Blood and the Southern Vampire Mysteries. If I had to choose, I think I prefer the books over the show though.I don't really want to say much about the book because if you're anything like me and are either watching the show or reading the series, you may want to avoid knowing absolutely anything in advance. I know I do.

All I'll say is that if you prefer Eric over Bill (I do!) you definitely need to read this one. All my favorite characters are back, as are a few good new ones. Charles Twining, Calvin Norris, and Quinn are all good additions to the series. I have to say, I think constant near-death experiences may be worth it if I was surrounded and wanted by as many sexy men as Sookie is. That is one lucky girl.

If you haven't read any of the Southern Vampire Mysteries yet, go get the first book Dead Until Dark! I guarantee that if you like mysteries, vampires, action, and a little dash of romance, there is no way you won't love the series. Take my word for it and let me know what you think. Check out True Blood too, if you haven't gotten the chance ^^

4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment