Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cake Wrecks



Hilarious!

If you haven't read the Cake Wrecks blog that this book is based on, you need to go look at it right now. Back? Ok, good. I've been reading Cake Wrecks for quite awhile now, so of course I had to check out the book when I found out there was one and it was just as funny as the site.

If you didn't check out the link and have no idea what Cake Wrecks is, its a blog that basically shows cakes gone wrong. Misspellings, poor color choices, weird inspirations, and just complete cake failures are entertaining on their own, but Jen's comments are what put the posts over the top. You could say they take the cake! (Har har)

It just boggles the mind how the decorators of these cakes can miss the obvious mistakes that they do. And that the bakeries actually put some of these things up for sale. Who in their right mind would pay for some of these things? (Aside from the wreck reporters of course). I'm also a fan of the punctuation errors. Out of place quotation marks always make me giggle for some reason.

In reading the book, both my mom and I found ourselves laughing out loud and I was in tears at one point from laughing so hard. I can recommend this book highly enough. Its mostly pictures, so its a quick read and its perfect for when you're feeling a bit down and need a great pick-me-up. If you don't want to get the book, at least check out the blog, you won't be sorry!

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment